Simply put - the Neonatal Information System™ is the most comprehensive clinical information management system available today; incorporating information from all aspects of clinical care for critically ill newborns in the NICU.
Capturing Your Patient's Data - Some Examples
- Point and Click
- Bar Codes
- Download from your hospital's EMR
- Voice Recognition
- Lap tops and Tablets
- Daily, Summary, Atemporal or any combination!
Unlimited Reporting Options in Real-Time!
- Patient Reports from Maternal, Transport, Admission Exam through Discharge Planning and Summaries
- Sign-Off Notes
- Clinical Statistics
- Administrative Statistics and Logbooks
- Clinical Decision Support
- The possibilities are truly UNLIMITED!
Data Analysis and Interactive Query System
At its core, the NIS™ has a robust data analysis capability that can be defined by the user and operated in real-time in the NICU for clinical decision and quality of care support. The data in the NIS™ can be confidentially aggregated within the NICU or among a network of NICU’s to create a powerful platform for quality assessment and clinical research utilizing a large data set of prospectively acquired clinical data. This type of data analysis can be effectively utilized for case management and cost-effective studies.
More Strengths and Advantages of the NIS™:
- Real-Time Information Access
- Built-in calculations such as Nutritional Calculations and Growth Percentiles
- Growth curves
- Flexible data capture. The NIS™ accommodates daily, weekly, or chart summary methods of record keeping – depending on patient problems and clinical standards.
- Designed specifically for Neonatology. The NIS™ provides a rich set of neonatal codes built within the database and allows for ICD9, ICD10 and CPT codes as well as other coding systems. The NIS™ comes to you with a complete set of code files ready for use – while still allowing you to define additional codes or data elements created specifically for your NICU.
- Patient reports that you define and control. The NIS™ provides for comprehensive patient report formatting and definition. You can use the reports “as is” within the NIS™, or modify the content and format to match the requirements of your hospital.
- Integration with EMRs and other systems. The NIS™ can receive or share information with existing hospital information systems.
- Export to Repositories - such as the VON eNICQ, the New York State Department of Health, Regional, State and National Repositories.